How to care for your teeth properly at home
Dr. Pandich believes a great smile starts with healthy teeth and gums. Below are the steps on how to properly brush and floss at home!
Happy flossing and brushing!
- Brush your teeth twice a day for 2 minutes. Use a soft-bristled toothbrush.
- Replace your toothbrush every 3-4 months or if the bristles are frayed.
- Place the bristles at a 45-degree angle to the gum line.
- Gently move the toothbrush in small circular motions (tooth-wide).
- Roll the bristles from the gum line to the chewing edge after 3-5 circular motions.
- Move the toothbrush to the next tooth and repeat.
- Do this on all tooth surfaces: inside, outside and chewing surface and on both upper and lower teeth.
- Floss once a day (at least)
- Use approximately 18 inches of floss or measure from your hand to elbow.
- Wrap floss around your pointer or middle fingers on each hand.
- Start floss on one end and move floss to the other hand, so each tooth is flossed with a clean piece of floss leave about 2 inches of floss between hands and keep the floss tight
- Gently guide the floss between teeth, hug the tooth and gently scrape along the tooth and under the pink gums in a c shape or bear hug, until you feel a slight resistance
- Scrape up and down 3 times and switch to the other tooth in contact.
- Snap floss out and go the next tooth don’t forget the backside of your last teeth!